Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Not In This Alone

 

If the LORD had not been my help,
   my soul would soon
   have lived in the land of silence.
When I thought,
              "My foot slips,"
   Your steadfast love, O LORD,
                     held me up.
When the cares of my heart
             are many,
Your consolations
                      cheer my soul.

               Psalm 94. 17-19

(The impossible,
               overwhelming
      and impenetrable
          are God's specialties.
It is also in these situations
  that we realize
         God means what He says:
        "Do not fear.  I am with you."
He is a personal God
      who cares and loves us
      far more than we can know.
Our journey is defined
   by who we turn to
   and with whom we walk.)

O LORD,
We are not in this situation
                  alone,
but You are with us,
    our help,
    our guidance,
    our strength,
    our consolation.
May our first response be
          to turn to You.
Equip our hearts through Your Word.
Prepare us for this path.
Enlarge our vision
    to grab hold of Your purposes.
Align our hearts
                      with Yours.
Redeem for Your glory.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.