Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Though the fig tree
        should not blossom,
nor fruit be on the vines,
the produce of the olive fail
   and the fields
              yield no food,
the flock be cut off
              from the fold
   and there be
        no herd in the stalls,
yet
    I will rejoice in the LORD;
I will take joy
    in the God of my salvation.
GOD, the Lord, is my strength;
He makes my feet
            like the deer's;
He makes me tread
      on my high places.

                   Habakkuk 3. 17-19

(Literally in the Hebrew,
"tread" can mean "dance."
God lets me dance
          through my fears,
those places where
    I have only Him to hold onto.
Yet
    is one of my favorite words
            in the Bible.
It is the word and the promise
       of God's faithfulness.
God does not just "work things out,"
   but He works out all things
                 much deeper than that.
He works out all things
           for His glory.
There is so much more,
       not just that we cannot see,
but a myriad of dimensions,
      we are not even aware.)

O LORD,
You are redeeming all things.
There is so much more
                      at stake
than we can ever know,
             or see,
             or understand.
You are far deeper
       than appearances.
Surround us by Your glory,
fill us with Your strength,
help us
   to dance in our scary places,
knowing that You
   hold everything in Your hand.
You are with us.
Your divine purposes prevail,
           even in this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.