Sunday, December 8, 2019

...from Me
     comes your fruit.

             Hosea 14. 8

(God bears
      His fruit in us
for the wellbeing and blessing
            of many people,
most of whom
      we may never even meet.
We have only
    to seek the LORD,
    sow and cultivate
           the fallow ground
           all around us,
and be faithful to Him.
God brings the fruit
  in many unexpected ways.)

O LORD,
I cannot see beyond
   the next step before me,
but I can be faithful to You
               in the now.
I cannot do everything,
     but I can do something.
I can seek You
       and not just an answer.
I can pray,
      be faithful in the plowing,
   even the hard rocky places,
                 and trust You.
You do not just bring about
          a singular crop.
     You change the landscape.
     You change my heart.
You see this situation differently,
not just what is,
but what can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.