Monday, December 2, 2019

I lift up my eyes
          to the hills.
From where
   does my help come?
My help comes
    from the LORD,
who made heaven
                and earth.

            Psalm 121. 1-2

(I awoke in the night,
a little overwhelmed,
panic creeping
          into my heart.
And I felt the LORD saying,
"Have you
      asked Me about it?"
Asking,
listening,
trusting,
responding.
His peace thrives
       in impossible places.
God enlarges my vision
     as I wait on Him
          and walk with Him.)

O LORD,
Align our hearts with Yours.
Let not fear and anxiety
    drain us
    and distract us
from the task before us
or cloud our vision.
Please show us
    Your way,
Your scarlet thread
      through the brambles,
even through what is
          too strong for us,
even in what
     we cannot understand,
even in this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.