Friday, December 13, 2019

I will not enter my house
     or get into my bed,
I will not give sleep to my eyes
   or slumber to my eyelids,
until I find a place
              for the LORD, 
a dwelling place
for the Mighty One of Jacob.

                   Psalm 132. 3-5

(Have I spent time
        with the LORD today?
Not slipping God
     into a convenient corner
     in case I might need Him
                  in a crisis.
Not a priority,
or prominent,
       but preeminent.
How do I approach this day,
this dilemma,
those around me differently 
     because I dwell in Him?)

O LORD,
Help us to not find 
       a place for you,
but for You
    to dwell fully in us.
May our lives look different,
our journey,
our direction,
our hearts,
     because we seek You.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.