Sunday, August 4, 2019

...but to preach the gospel,
and not with words
     of eloquent wisdom,
lest the cross of Christ
be emptied of its power.

              1 Corinthians 1. 17

(Opportunities all around us
           to share the gospel
are never intended as a performance,
not intended to impress
but to teach, reveal,
   share what is so precious,
and remind all of Who God is
      and what He has done for us.
Not for acclaim or applause,
not for a few minutes of entertainment,
not my glory,
           but His glory in this,
not lost in translation,
  but Jesus in real time.
That others see You.)

O LORD,
You are my stronghold,
     my place of strengthening.
You have a strong hold
                   on my life.
And that changes everything.
Help me to live in such a way
      that Your gospel is obvious.
Help me to preach the gospel
     not in the words of someone else,
not hesitating because I am unworthy,
    but preaching every way I can,
          because You are worthy.
You died for me
           so I can live with You.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.