Friday, May 17, 2019

Then David said to Ahimelech,
"Then have you not here
a spear or a sword at hand?".....
And the priest said,
"The sword of Goliath
                the Philistine,
whom you struck down..."

              1 Samuel 21. 9

(Faithfulness to God always
comes back to provide,
protect, redeem
-- no expiration date,
not constrained by time
     or dire circumstances.
There are
    no insignificant obediences.
Far more is at stake at the time
      than we can ever know,
God's profound purposes
                  and His glory.
Even in this.)

O LORD,
Help me to respond to You today,
to trust,
to follow You,
even in what I cannot yet see,
even in what is difficult,
even in my inadequacies,
      even for Your glory alone.
Please change my heart in this,
     providing for me Your strength,
not just for the rigors of this day
   but profoundly for the future
and for the welfare of people
     I may not ever know.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.