Thursday, May 23, 2019

He laid aside
     His outer garments,
and taking a towel,
tied it around His waist.
Then He poured water
          into a basin
and began to wash
      the disciples' feet
and to wipe them
             with a towel
that was wrapped
                   around Him.
..."you also ought to wash
          one another's feet.
For I have given you
                 an example,
that you should also do
just as I have
               done to you.

        John 13. 4-5, 14-15

(Take your towel and basin
with you into your day,
          ready for anything.
Use them generously.
What does washing feet
    look like in what I do
                      today?)

O LORD,
Please help me
to bring your grace and love
to dirty stinky feet,
to messy relationships,
and into the miry bogs
            all around me.
Open my eyes
          to opportunities.
For Your glory.
In Your name.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.