Tuesday, May 7, 2019

He opened the rock,
and water gushed out of it;
it flowed through the desert
            like a river.

                   Psalm 105. 41

(Whatever the impossible situation,
whatever the barren landscape,
whatever the despair,
the LORD redeems,
the LORD provides
      in unexpected unseen ways,
the LORD is
               glorified in it.
Even in this.
"Follow Me through it.")

O LORD,
I pour out my soul
             before You.
You come to me,
and whisper,
     "Trust Me in this."
Help me to be faithful
            to You alone,
no matter what is before me,
no matter what is around me,  
          no matter what.
There is none holy like You,
none besides You,
no rock like You.
                  1 Samuel 2. 2
Grant me Your vision in this,
    not dependent on
             even a dribble of water
                  --or none at all --
             but on You.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.