Friday, May 24, 2019

And he said,
"The LORD has burst through
my enemies before me
         like a bursting flood.
Therefore the name of that place
    is called Baal-perazim.

                 2 Samuel 5. 20

(Baal-perazim literally means
"the Lord of bursting through."
What impossible situation
               surrounds me?
What adversaries and fears
     threaten on every side?
"Follow Me through this.")

O LORD,
We can lay these things
            before You,
we can trust You,
we can follow You
    into and through
    the most difficult places,
beyond all odds,
  because You are
  not constrained by them.
                      Ever.
Burst through
        for Your glory, O Father.
You are the Almighty One,
working wonders
deeper than I will ever know,
beyond what I will ever see.
                  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.