Saturday, April 6, 2019

The secret things
belong to the LORD our God,
but the things
      that are revealed
      belong to us
  and to our children forever,
that we may do
all the words of the law.

       Deuteronomy 29. 29

(Understanding does not
arrive suddenly on my doorstep,
but in pursuing the Almighty,
in tiny steps
     and built in layers
     by His hand.
I will never comprehend
   the vastness of God Himself,
nor even the
    profound depths of His Word,
but I can be faithful
      in what He reveals to me,
      in what I do grasp.)

O LORD,
we pray for Your revealing
that we would know You more.
We pray a deeper trust in You,
    even in the mysteries of life,
for Your glory in all things,
  beyond our wildest imagination.
You are God,
and thankfully we are not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.