Thursday, April 18, 2019

...for though 
    it is a forest,
you shall clear it
   and possess it
to its farthest borders.

              Joshua 17. 18

(Even in this mess,
even in this
   really hard place,
am I faithful 
in what the LORD 
has laid before me?
Even in this
   untillable bleak place
of briars and
    hard rocky soil,
daily faithfulness 
        for His glory,
even when I can’t see
      where to step next.
God brings
   His fruitfulness here
and transforms 
              the landscape
in incredible ways.
I can’t do everything,
but I can do something.)

O LORD,
strengthen my heart
    in what is beyond me,
align what I see 
      with Your vision in this.
Help me to be
     fully faithful to You,
      no detail 
            ever insignificant,
even in the ordinary,
even now,
even in this.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.