Sunday, April 21, 2024

The Fine Art of Binding

 

Only be careful...
to love the LORD your God,
and to walk in all His ways,
and to keep His commandments,
and to cling to Him,
and to serve Him
   with all your heart
   and with all your soul.

                Joshua 22. 5

(How differently would it take
in whatever is ahead today?
What we can both see and prepare for,
and even in what is not expected
   but get our hearts ready?
How do we go into this day?
The words of St. Patrick:
"Christ before me, Christ with me,
Christ in me, Christ beneath me,
on my right and on my left,
when I lie down, sit down, arise.
I bind myself to Him.")

O LORD,
We pray that we would be sensitive
    to Your Presence
    already around us,
guiding, providing, protecting,
aligning, and realigning.
We bind ourselves to You today
   that we may know You more,
no matter what is before us.
You are God.
You are our God.
Please transform our hearts
   to glorify You in unlikely places,
even when we are unaware.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.