Sunday, May 21, 2023

 

I was pushed hard,
so that I was falling,
but the LORD helped me.
The LORD is my strength
                and my song.
He has become my salvation.

                 Psalm 118. 13-14

(We both learn and yearn
    to trust in Him,
no matter the circumstances.
The LORD brings us
      to a different strength,
even in the midst
               of the hard places.
We face, approach
   and navigate them
          with a new heart.
We may fall,
      but He always lifts us up.)

O LORD,
Help us to follow and run
                     with You,
no matter the terrain,
      the steep places
      and the miry bogs.
Even if we fall,
           You are still with us.
May Your Presence and strength
        keep us on our feet
        and responsive to You.
You have placed us right here
     --in our victories and shortcomings--
          to bear witness to You.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.