Monday, October 24, 2022

 

If the LORD had not been my help,
my soul would soon have lived
    in the land of silence.
When I thought, "My foot slips,"
Your steadfast love, O LORD,
                    held me up.
When the cares of my heart
             are many,
Your consolations cheer my soul.

                      Psalm 94. 17-19

(Why this hard place?
That we may trust God
     and know Him more,
learning of His provision,
   protection and His Presence.
We are not alone afterall,
         "Fear not. I am with you."
Even in this.
Relying and realizing not our strength,
                    but His.
Not believing the world falsely cheering,
          "you've got this."
But knowing Who really does.)

O LORD,
You are God.
      And we are not.
You have not promised
   an easy path in this broken world,
              but that You are with us.
We can stake our lives
               on Your Presence.
Because you are,
because you are with us,
   how differently we can live
              for Your glory,
a strong witness to others
that this life is not all there is,
    and we are all greatly loved
                           by You.
You are our help.
You hold us up
     where we cannot touch bottom.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.