Monday, September 12, 2022

 

You have kept count
           of my tossings;
put my tears in Your bottle.
Are they not in Your book?
...This I know,
   that God is for me.

              Psalm 56. 8-9

(Not for us to believe,
     but one step deeper:
to know
          and to trust Him.
He has stayed up all night
     right at our side.
In God, we can trust.
How differently would I approach
          this difficulty,
          this mystery,
          all this scary stuff,
not that there is nothing
             to be afraid of,
    but if I trusted God?
Not for a particular answer,
       but trust Him?)

O LORD,
Not one of us
   does not struggle with something.
But You are with us.
You have been with us all along,
     strengthening, guiding, providing,
   even in the midst of brokenness.
Be glorified, Almighty One.
Even in what we face today.
Help us to trust You more.
You lead us through our Red Sea,
You carry us through
              the troubled waters,
not just to the other side of this,
   but You bring us closer to You.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.