Friday, September 2, 2022

 

Be still
   and know that I am God.

              Psalm 46. 10

(And we are not.

In what are we submitting to Him?
In what are we trying to
     tell Him what to do?
Are we grabbing God
               like carry-out?
Or being still
          even in this moment,
 listen and respond,
   as He reveals Himself to us?)

O LORD,
Help us to come before You
and not attempt
     to take Your rightful place.
Guide us into this day
    with all the choices we make,
    with all the decisions
             surging upon us,
that we would bring You glory
    in all
    and whatever we do.
We are anointed
            and appointed by You.
Help us to have a still heart,
   knowing that You are God.
Order my day.
Guide my steps.
Direct my thoughts.
Align my heart with Yours.
And confirm Your Word in me.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.