Sunday, September 18, 2022

 

For God alone, O my soul,
wait in silence,
for my hope is from Him.
He only is my rock
   and my salvation,
               my fortress;
I shall not be shaken.
On God
   rests my salvation and my glory;
my mighty rock,
       my refuge is God.

               Psalm 62. 5-7

(As became evident to David,
      engraved over and over again,
his strength
          was not his own,
                      but from God.
Notice that this verse is
     all in present tense.
David was a mighty man
   because God was his rock.
And he knew it.
His refuge was God,
           not a place to hide,
 but from Whom he went forth
                strengthened.
Not in grand achievements,
nor beating the odds,
nor successes,
nor favorable circumstances,
      but for God alone.
Even in the narrow squeaks,
    even in insurmountable situations,
even when David could not yet see
               how it would unfold,
    his hope was in God.
"Trust Me in this,"
          God whispers,
even to us.)

O LORD,
For You alone,
             we seek
not answers,
       or new paths,
       or open doors,
       or even what You do,
but for You alone.
You are our refuge,
        our strength,
   the refreshment of our souls.
Help us to stake our lives
              on You.
You guide, provide,
and transform the course of our lives.
Empower us
   to bless You today
and others along the way.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.