Wednesday, April 13, 2022

 

One who is faithful
      in a very little
is also faithful in much,
and one who is dishonest
      in a very little
is also dishonest in much.

               Luke 16. 10

(What am I practicing?
What am I justifying?
Like scales on a piano,
practicing over and over,
   I learn what to do
   and how to respond
because I have
      learned how to do it.
I am making choices
            day by day
how to approach
     what is before me
    and how to live faithfully.
Practice faithfulness,
even when we don't
   consider it faithfulness,
even when it doesn't
   seem to matter,
because faithfulness
   is built in layers
and in the tiniest details.
And brings honor to God.)

O LORD,
Reveal to each one of us
how to be faithful to You
   in whatever we do today
   and how we do it
as a love offering to You.
How can we serve You
     in this particular situation
and even in this
           difficult relationship?
Show us Your way in this.
Grant us the courage
      to follow You into it.
Help us above all to be
        faithful to You.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.