Thursday, April 14, 2022

 

...but did not ask
   counsel from the LORD.

             Joshua 9. 14

(At the beginning of each day,
at the start of every page,
always our first response,
before the first plan,
the first movement,
the first step,
even before
   we put on our shoes,
seeking God's counsel.
      What, O LORD,
      do I do with this?
How to approach this day,
         this difficulty,
         this steep trail,
     this all too familiar path,
     this storm?
How can I respond?
What is Your way in this?
God shifts our attention,
           our hearts,
           even what we see
               and how we see it.
I never considered that before.
Indeed I never even saw it that way.
Not just how it impacts me,
    but everyone around me,
    and those yet to come.)

O LORD,
Help us to not just seek You,
or ask You,
listen to You,
      but to respond
and follow You into it.
May we bring into this day,
not just Your wisdom
              and strength,
but pockets overflowing
                    with grace.
Bottom line
   is not getting marching orders,
or street by street directions,
       but knowing You more.
Order my day.
Guide my steps.
Direct my thoughts.
Align my heart with Yours.
Confirm Your Word in me.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.