Monday, February 28, 2022

 

...a sacrifice of thanksgiving
                to the LORD...

           Leviticus 22. 29

(Am I thankful to God
even when I don't understand,
even when I can't perceive
  or see the outcome on my radar,
or even when
          I will never know?
Being grateful
      for what God is doing
             beyond our control
    and beyond our vision
is how we trust Him.
The sacrifice is not letting go
                  of anything,
but choosing to hold fast
   that God is good,
even in this,
no matter what.
God's work exceeds
      our comprehension.
God never works in
      singular outcomes.
And may I remember this situation
    is not about my glory,
but His.)

O LORD,
May it be foremost in our hearts
to be grateful to You,
acknowledge You,
and live in thankfulness to You
through all of life's blind curves
   and unexpected potholes.
Help us to know
what we need to sacrifice
to remove any impediment
to Your work in our lives
   and others.
Help us to approach this day
   with a new thankfulness
that bears witness to others
      of Your work in our hearts
and in the chronicle of
   Your great faithfulness.
Help us to see differently
  because we are thankful.
Help others not to
      see something different in us,
but to see You.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.