Sunday, May 23, 2021

 

He laid aside
   His outer garments,
and taking a towel,
tied it around His waist.
Then He poured water
into a basin and began
to wash the disciples' feet
and to wipe them
with the towel that was
   wrapped around Him.

              John 13. 4-5

(What are my outer garments
    that I need to lay aside?
Pride?
Worries?
Fear?
Selfishness?
What people may think?
And what are the
      towel and basin
that God has given me
               today
to serve Him
and bless others?
A way of seeing
  unexpected appointments,
a way of loving others
   to Jesus
in whatever way I can,
with whatever is in my hands
and He has placed in my heart.
Today will always
look very different
when my eyes are on Him
and I am willing
to trust Him in this situation.
I can't do everything,
  but I can do something.)

O LORD,
You have given each of us
towels and basins,
not just tools to serve You,
but hearts to bring
   Your Name here.
You equip us in ways
we don't understand
until the need arises,
and suddenly Your strength
        is made evident.
What are my towel and
        basin today?
Give me the courage
and heart
    to use them.
For Your honor
         and glory
   and Kingdom
and in Your Name.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.