Monday, May 10, 2021

 

But He said to them,
"It is I;
   do not be afraid."

          John 6. 20

(Even in mystery,
even in the shadows,
even when
      we don't understand,
may we recognize that
     Jesus is in this.
Know that He is with us
   and already at work.
Fear only distracts
   and disables us
   from what is before us.
When our youngest once
woke in fear in the night,
when she saw me, she said,
"Oh, if I knew you were here,
 I would not have been afraid."
Jesus says to us,
    "Right here with you.
     I've got this.
     I'm in this.")

O LORD,
Help us not just
to walk with You,
but to abide in You.
We may not know
what this situation is
            all about,
but You can guide us
   in it and through it
          for Your glory.
Help us to keep our eyes
and our hearts
           on You alone.
Help us to see,
approach
and navigate these
turbulent waters
               differently
because not just
       You are here,
but You are God.
Please order our days,
guide our steps,
direct our thoughts,
align our hearts today
            with Yours.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.