Monday, October 12, 2020

 

If I say,
"I will not mention Him,
or speak any more
             in His name,"
there is in my heart
as it were
a burning fire
     shut up in my bones,
and I am weary
     with holding it in,
and I cannot.

           Jeremiah 20. 9

(God has strategically
   placed each one of us,
filled this day
   with divine appointments,
and unexpected encounters,
not just to be mindful of Him,
or be seen as nice,
but to bring
    the name of Jesus here
and love even the unlikely
        right into His arms.
We cannot but
     point others to Him,
no crack or crevice
  that the Gospel
         cannot penetrate.)

O LORD,
Stir up Your Spirit in us,
that we would not
  miss all of what and where
    You have placed us,
even in the most unexpected,
right in the midst
    of where You are working
                           already.
Open our eyes to see,
grant us the courage to act,
give us Your words to speak,
and help us to follow You
  faithfully into the outcomes,
most of which
       we may never see
   until the Other Side of life.
Align our hearts with Yours
          even in this.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.