Saturday, October 3, 2020

 

But the LORD said to me,
"Do not say,
     'I am only a youth,'
for to all to whom
                I send you,
     you shall go,
and whatever
         I command you,
     you shall speak.
Do not be afraid of them,
for I am with you
         to deliver you,
declares the LORD."

         Jeremiah 1. 7-8

(Do not say,
    "I am only a ________."
Fill in the blank.
Plumber,
teacher,
installer,
artist,
   what can I do?
With God,
more than we can know.
Each one of us
      is daily
 and divinely appointed.
We are all called
and live in our calling,
not to a job,
       but to Christ.
It is in our work
and daily encounters
  that God fulfills
  His purposes and glory.
Anything and everything
are all inclusive
and nothing but nothing,
    no one but no one,
is insignificant to Him.
Unlikely places,
    unexpected fruit.)

O LORD,
Open our eyes
   to all You have placed
   before us,
open our hearts
   to be sensitive to needs,
both visible and invisible.
 Help us to not
        be distracted
 from Your purposes in this.
You are sovereign.
You are working mightily,
  and You are using us.
Even in this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.