Saturday, September 12, 2020

 

When I am afraid,
I put my trust in You.
In God,
    whose Word I praise,
in God I trust;
I shall not be afraid.
What can flesh do to me?

          Psalm 56. 3-4

(Fill in the blank:
   When I am afraid, I _____.
What are my defaults?
Despair? Worry? Anxiety?
May those triggers
    --and we all have them--
instead
   strengthen us ever more
               intimately in Him.
May we not despair,
     but sing even louder,
and not be distracted
  from His steadfast love.
"Trust Me in this."
In God I trust.
In God I praise.)

O LORD,
If we knew,
if we trusted You,
if we sought You in this,
      fear could not cling.
Help us 
   to put our trust in You.
You do not just show up,
   but we are the
   late ones to the party.
You are already here
              with us.
You are already in this,
   and we are unaware.
You are already
      bringing forth
      something new.
And we are blinded
  and handicapped
  by our worry,
when we should
  have our shoes tied on,
  ready to run with You.
What is visibly different
                about us?
May we engrave on our lives,
    "In God I trust."
May it be Your Presence.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.