Friday, September 11, 2020

 

But He said to me,
"My grace is sufficient for you,
for My power is made
      perfect in weakness."
...For the sake of Christ then,
I am content
with weakness, insults,
hardships, persecutions,
             and calamities.
For when I am weak,
   then I am strong.

         2 Corinthians 13. 9-10

(Everyone struggles
         with something.
And God's grace,
    strength and power
are more than enough
not just to cover it
  but to sustain us through.
Yes, this situation is more than
           we can handle.
But He can.
And His Presence
        is made evident.
For the sake of Christ then,
we can face anything
     with His strength
to point others to Him.)

O LORD,
Help us to not be overcome
    by despair,
but be overwhelmed by
      Your strength.
Help us to realize
that our struggles
    reveal our need for You.
And that we are
        not alone in this.
Forgive us
  for not turning sooner
  to ask Your help
  and walk with You.
It is not that You will
          bring us through,
but You are
              with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.