Sunday, July 5, 2020

I lay down and slept.
I woke again,
   for the LORD sustained me.
I will not be afraid
  of many thousands of people
who have set themselves
   against me all around.

                 Psalm 3. 5-6

(What if I approached
this overwhelming situation
with the reality that
  the LORD is sustaining me?
Even in this,
He strengthens me in ways
   I am not even aware.
He breaks the teeth
               of my fears.
He releases me
   from their grip
and renews my strength
              with His.
God is still faithful.
Sometimes it takes adversity
  for us to realize that.
He is not about to
         abandon us now,
but to reveal a deeper dimension
                 of Himself
   we have not yet known.)

O LORD,
You surround us
    by the wonders of Your creation,
    by the amazement
       of Your love for us,
    by Your goodness
     in more ways that we know.
You also reveal Yourself
   in what is hard,
   and overwhelming,
   and far beyond our strength
             or understanding.
Help us
   to approach the ordinary
         and the extraordinary,
     the difficult
         and heart-breaking,
     both abundance
               and need,
 with an awareness of You.
We don't know what to do,
but our eyes are on You.
And that changes everything.
Help us to live and respond
                  differently
     with hope and strength
because we know You.
Even in this.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.