Sunday, July 12, 2020

And David said,
"God has broken through
my enemies by my hand,
like a bursting flood."
Therefore the name
of that place is called
     Baal-perazim.

          1 Chronicles 14. 11

(Baal-perazim literally means
   "the Lord of breaking through."
He is the God of
     breaking through,
the God of
     supernatural intervention,
the God who specializes
     in impossible situations.
It is not that God
       will lead me through this.
   He is already leading me through.
   He has gone out before me.
There are no random encounters,
no interruptions,
no insignificant tasks,
no meaningless details.
In all things,
  He makes Himself known.
We are called by Him
          to Him
   for His glory.
Even in this.)

O LORD,
You are the God of
    breaking through
    the tight places
which we cannot understand,
where we cannot stand
               without You.
Help us not just
      to see Your hand,
but to seek You,
and acknowledge You,
neither ignore
   nor explain You away.
Help us to pray
   for Your divine intervention
even in this.
Help us not to be overwhelmed
             by circumstances
but overwhelmed by Your majesty,
       empowered by You.
If I knew You were here,
    I would not be afraid.
You are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.