Wednesday, July 22, 2020

I call upon the LORD,
Who is worthy to be praised,
and I am saved
             from my enemies.

              Psalm 18. 3

(My enemies,
my foes,
my adversaries
are anything I fear,
    both real and imagined.
God reveals Himself
  in the midst of circumstances.
God delivers
   in ways we sometimes
           don't recognize at all.
What if there was
    nothing to be afraid of?
How much are we missing
                because we fear?
How differently do
   I approach this
   because I am a believer?)

O LORD,
Please help us to
    set our minds on You
and not be distracted
    by hard circumstances,
    or dire forecasts,
    or huge looming shadows,
    or anything
             not from You.
Help us to pray our way through,
      arise and go forth
with Your strength,
not going into the unknown,
    but what is known to You.
When we pray,
   nothing can remain the same.
Help us to trust You,
          even in this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.