Wednesday, January 18, 2023

 

I bless the LORD
who gives me counsel;
in the night also
    my heart instructs me.
I have set the LORD
         always before me;
because He is at my right hand,
      I shall not be shaken.

               Psalm 16. 7-8

(When we set the LORD before us,
He counsels us,
guides our thoughts,
aligns our hearts with His.
Even in the middle of the night,
we bring our concerns
         not to the god of worry,
                       but to Him.
When we set our hearts
              and minds on Him,
we can walk with Him
                     through it.
Even in the night,
   He is whispering our name,
"Do not fear.  I am with you.")

O LORD,
Thank You that we can abide in You,
even in the storms that
           threaten to swallow us alive.
Help us not just to sense Your Presence,
   but to know Your Presence with us.
We set You before us today
     in whatever that is on our path,
knowing that we can walk differently
        because we walk with You.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.