Friday, January 27, 2023

 

But Moses said to the LORD,
"O, my Lord,
I am not eloquent,
either in the past
or since You have spoken
             to Your servant,
but I am slow of speech
      and of tongue."
                 
             Exodus 4. 10

(That is exactly why God chooses us,
not by what we see in ourselves,
     but how God sees us.
We indeed
          cannot do it without Him.
"I can't do this."
God replies,
    "Good.  Because I can."
We have only to be faithful
    and keep our eyes on Him.)

O LORD,
It is not that we are so great,
               but You are.
It is not that we have strength
         or power or even courage,
   but we can walk with You.
You have strategically appointed us
      even in this difficult situation
             for Your glory.
It is all sacred ground,
      nothing random,
      nothing mundane,
      nothing He cannot redeem.
Help us to realize who You are.
And that "It is not in me,
                       but You."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.