Sunday, December 11, 2022

 

Out of the depths
    I cry to You, O LORD!
O Lord, hear my voice...
I wait for the LORD,
     my soul waits,
and in His Word I hope.

             Psalm 130. 1-2, 5

("Come to Me."
And in the coming,
we find that He is
        already with us,
   a strong hold upon us,
              even in this.
He has not promised easy
   in this broken
             and shattered world,
but "I am with you."
His Presence and strength
          guide us on our way.
"Walk with Me through this."
God pours over us His grace
       covers us with His peace,
and He redeems.)

O LORD,
Sometimes we are beyond words,
    tripped up by despair,
    and stumbling in the dark.
Help us to walk toward
                  Your light
and to take
      Your outstretched hand.
Help us to see in the dark
   and follow You
   into Your redeeming.
There is always Your redeeming,
   even in what we cannot see.
But we can trust You.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.