Tuesday, December 13, 2022

 

I will not enter my house
     or get into my bed,
I will not give sleep to my eyes
     or slumber to my eyelids,
until I find a place for the LORD,
a dwelling place for
             the Mighty One of Jacob.

                Psalm 132. 3-5

(Spending time with the LORD
    is not "just one more thing
        I don't have time for."
But time with Him orders my loves
    and reorders my urgencies.
We are too busy not to.
Even in what appears the same,
  we see the day differently
  because we walk with Him.
The adversary always shouts,
          "Doesn't matter.
           You don't have time for that."
But God whispers, "Come to Me.
              Walk with Me.
     It matters a lot.  Much more.
     Not just for today
                  but forever.
     Not just for you
            but for everyone around you.")

O LORD,
Make me mindful of those things
    that casually slip in
    and take Your rightful place.
Help me to not be distracted
   by what cries out Important!!!
                  but is not.
Reveal to us
   pockets of time each day
   to spend with You.
You go before us.
You walk with us.
You change our hearts.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.