Monday, December 12, 2022

 

I do not occupy myself
with things too great
and too marvelous for me.
But I have calmed
    and quieted my soul,
like a weaned child
             with its mother,
like a weaned child
    is my soul within me.

               Psalm 131. 1-2

(What is right before me today?
God is with me, even in this.
      "Right here with you."
Worry is running ahead of God
   and being distracted by
   what is not in my control anyway,
                        but His.
Worry is leaving God Almighty
            out of the picture.)

O LORD,
Help me to walk with You
     through this,
 in what I know,
and what I cannot yet see.
May I rest in Your arms
   and let You not just comfort me,
but strengthen me
    for both the now and not yet.
You redeem.
No matter the circumstances,
    You do not abandon us,
but draw us closer to You.
Help me in all that I do see
      to be faithful to You
      in all things,
        both great and small.
And realize that
  faithfulness is never insignificant.


www.nightlytea.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.