Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Let them be like chaff
before the wind,
with the angel of the LORD
driving them away.

              Psalm 35. 5

(May the LORD blow away
           my fears.
Am I willing to let them go
          and blow away?
Am I holding tight to them
--my favorite fears,
deep rooted worries,
staked in the ground anxieties?
Do I let the LORD 
have a strong hold on me,
           or allowing my fears
           to grip me?)

O LORD,
Blow away our fears
      before the wind
that we may see You
                 clearly
and love You
without chaff distracting us
and clogging up our hearts.
May we hold tightly to You
       with both hands
       and a whole heart.
Wrench away the chaff
that drains us of strength
and makes it hard to breathe.
When the chaff blows away,
    life is very different.
Your strength sustains us,
no matter the circumstances.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.