Tuesday, August 10, 2021

 

But I trust in You,
        O LORD.
I say,
     "You are my God."
My times
    are in Your hands.

         Psalm 31. 14-15

(Even in this difficult,
scary, overwhelming
             situation,
God is sovereign
and we are not alone.
In the midst of fear
and despair
and what seems like defeat
and how in the world am I
     going to get through this,
remind,
recite,
repeat outloud,
engrave these truths,
not just a promise
          but this reality.
God redeems.
God has a strong hold
     on each one of us.
"Trust Me in this."
Don't rush ahead of God.)

O LORD,
You are my God.
Help me to realize
   what that means
right in the middle
       of this hard place.
Help me to
         trust You.
I cannot understand everything,
         but I can trust You.
Help me also to come alongside
others to encourage them
     that You are here,
and You love us with
       a steadfast love
which means
sometimes we don't understand,
and most times we won't see
    the full impact of Your love
or Your eternal outcomes
                  in this.
Our times are in Your hands,
      not in our control,
      and never have been.
Help us to follow You into it,
       and let You work
    Your wonders in our days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.