Monday, July 5, 2021

But You, O LORD,
are a shield about me,
my glory,
and the lifter of my head.
I cried aloud to the LORD,
and He answered me
           from His holy hill.

          Psalm 3. 3-4

(When I realize that
no matter what
     I am going through,
the LORD goes with me,
He surrounds me,
protects me,
keeps my soul.
He is the glory
         in this situation.
And He helps me
     to realize
     He is with me.
All along,
          no matter what.
God always answers.
We don't always
       ask for His help,
His strength,
His guidance,
    and we miss out
on what could have been.
Sometimes He answers
in ways or timing
we do not understand,
but always in ways
that draw us closer to Him.
Silence is not His absence,
but His deeper Presence.
And I realize once again,
I am not in control,
          but He is.)

O LORD,
May we start out this new week
and this new day,
seeking You in the hours,
the minutes, the moments.
Spread Your protection
                over us.
Pour Your glory
       over these situations.
Encourage us
       when we are weary.
Help us to turn to You
and make crying out to You
       our first response,
       not our last resort.
In You,
     we stake our lives.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.