Wednesday, December 16, 2020

 

With what shall I
  come before the LORD,
and bow myself
  before God on high?
...He has told you, O man,
what is good,
and what does the LORD
    require of you
but to do justice,
and to love kindness,
and to walk humbly
    with your God.

             Micah6. 6,8

(With what do I worship
     the LORD Almighty?
With what do I approach
     people in my life,
     this difficult situation,
     the cavernous potholes,
this I-have-no-idea-
          what-to-do?
Do that which is good,
right, loving, gracious,
  and totally unexpected.
It is not just what
               we are doing,
but what it is doing
       to our own hearts.
Grace gets indelibly over
          everyone.)

O LORD,
When we trudge
    through the miry bogs,
when we fall
    on uneven pavement,
when we sit in darkness,
You are our light,
You lift us up,
You heal our wounds,
You show us not just
     the way through,
but into a closer
      intimacy with You.
Help us to walk with You,
to run with You,
to rejoice even on the ascents.
Be glorified, O LORD,
     in our very steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.