Tuesday, November 3, 2020

...their powers of discernment
trained by constant practice
to distinguish good from evil.

              Hebrews 5. 14

(That which we are serious about
requires not just intention,
       but practice
       and daily training.
I can read all I want about
                faith in God,
and talk about it,
but unless I tie on my shoes
             and get out the door,
     I am not learning,
                   practicing,
                   or living it out.
What can I introduce and pursue
        in the dailyness of my life
    to intentionally draw closer
    in relationship with Him?
If we are believers,
we are all in training to follow Him,
to practice His grace and wisdom,
    and to seek Him in all situations.
Maturity in faith comes from
      learning,
      practicing,
      and living it out.)

O LORD,
Help us to dig deep
           into Your Word,
help us to seek You first
    in all that we do today
and follow You intentionally
in what we choose,
talk about,
make known about,
point out,
think about,
   and even sing about,
Your glory, O LORD,
    and not our own.
Show us Your path
           of faithfulness
and help us to
    run hard after You.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.