Wednesday, November 4, 2020

And I will give them one heart,
and a new spirit
   I will put within them.
I will remove
          the heart of stone
          from their flesh
and give them
          a heart of flesh,
that they may walk
         in My statutes
and keep My rules
   and obey them.
And they shall be
            My people,
and I will be their God.

     Ezekiel 11. 19-20

(God is still in the business
      of heart transplants.
Not behavior modification,
  but a new heart.
When we see God differently,
we see others differently,
we see situations differently,
we see ourselves differently.
A new heart empowers us
    to respond with love
and to persevere
   through the tough stuff
with His grace, strength,
  and deep purposes.
When we are His people
    and He is our God,
                       whoa.
Life itself is transformed.)

O LORD,
No matter what is going on,
in our control
      or outside of it,
help us to be
    Your faithful ones,
responding to Your voice,
abiding in Your Word,
and holding fast to
      our hope in You.
Align, O LORD,
    our hearts with Yours.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.