Saturday, August 29, 2020

Why are you cast down,
            O my soul,
and why are you
   in turmoil within me?
Hope in God;
for I shall again praise Him,
my salvation and my God.

      Psalm 42. 5, 11, 43. 5

(I have always been told that
when a word or phrase is
repeated in Scripture,
   pay attention.
These two psalms
are like songs
    with a repeated chorus.
Why am I struggling,
why do I feel cast down
         and in turmoil?
Sometimes we know,
sometimes we don't.
But the resolution
   is still the same:
       Hope in God.
Our hope is not
in favorable circumstances
or even in what
   we think should happen,
but in God
   in Whom we can
          stake our lives.
"Trust Me in this.")

O LORD,
We may not understand
     the turmoil inside,
where it came from,
or why we feel this way.
But we can know You.
We waste far too much
     time and energy
carrying the awkward burden
  of "what might happen?"
When all along,
    You are with us
    and in this.
We see all things
             differently
  because of You.
Help us to realize
      Your Presence.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.