Thursday, October 3, 2019

Then I said,
"Ah, Lord GOD!
Behold, I do not know
               how to speak,
for I am only a youth."
But the LORD said to me,
"Do not say,
      'I am only a youth,'
for to all to who I send you,
           you shall go,
and whatever I command you,
           you shall speak.
Do not be afraid of them,
for I am with you
     to deliver you,
               declares the LORD.

                      Jeremiah 1. 6-8

("Ahhhhh!  I can't do this."
And God replies,
      "Good, because I can."
God always chooses
   the most unlikely candidates,
because they are the ones
      who know their strength
      is not their own.
Even in mystery,
even into unknown territory,
even in the really really hard stuff,
         "I am with you."
God's glory
          and not our own.)
 
O LORD,
You have placed each of us
among those who don't yet know You.
We would be surprised
        by those who are seeking You,
who at this very moment
        yearn for hope in You.
Please help us to speak of You
            in both words and actions,
      in attitudes and tangible ways,
even when it's hard,
even when we think no one
                       is listening.
You, O God,
         complete our sentences
  and bring power to Your Word.
For Your glory.
For Your Kingdom.
In Your holy Name.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.