Saturday, March 20, 2021

...I remember You
         upon my bed,
and meditate on You
  in the watches of the night,
for You have been my help
and in the shadow
        of Your wings,
I will sing for joy.
My soul clings to You;
Your right hand
           upholds me.

           Psalm 63. 6-8

(What am I dwelling on?
The Almighty
or shifting circumstances?
What wakes me
in the middle of the night?
The magnitude of God
       or my despair?
God will not just
   bring me through this,
but He will bring
    His glory to this.
And in the midst of chaos,
I realize it is His power,
          not mine.
He brings about
  His purposes even in
  what looks only
  like chaos.
It is not for me
      to control,
but to faithfully
    follow God
    right in its midst.
Even in this,
it is not I who live
    but Christ who lives
                in me.
I cannot control
       the circumstances,
but instead use
  what I do have
  and my energies
 in how I respond to Him.)

O LORD,
We cling to you,
and then realize that
You have a strong hold
              on us,
no matter what.
Even in this.
May all we are in You
radiate in what we do,
and say,
how we respond,
our attitudes,
how we love,
      what we love,
and how we pray.
May circumstances
only be a backdrop
      for Your glory.
May Your fingerprints
  be evident to all.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.