Thursday, March 11, 2021

 

Behold,
God is my helper;
the LORD is
the upholder
         of my life.

       Psalm 54.4

(On God,
I can stake my life.
God will not just
    help me through this.
God will hold me together
and bring His glory,
and Presence,
and deepest purposes
               to it.
In trusting the LORD
and turning to Him,
He changes my heart,
my vision,
my affections,
and increases
        my strength.
Anxiety is just trying
   to do it on my own,
that which God
         never intended.
I am not alone in this.
God creates
       something new.
And that would mean
         my heart.
How I see God
changes how I see
others,
myself,
and circumstances.
And how I respond.)

O LORD,
Thank You that
        You are here,
that we can turn to You,
that we can walk
                  with You,
and abide in You.
Help us to realize
that worry is just
realizing that
     we are not in control.
Trusting You
brings Your strength to it.
Trusting You
turns us from seeing
           only ourselves,
and looking to You.
Write Your name on this,
        Almighty One.
You always
bring a new journey,
a refreshed spirit,
and a different outcome.
We are fully Yours.
Help us to recite,
repeat,
and engrave
   these words of Yours
into our very being.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.