Wednesday, April 26, 2023

 

And he said to Him,
"Please, Lord,
      how can I save Israel?
Behold, my clan
      is the weakest in Manasseh,
and I am the least
             in my father's house."
And the LORD said to him,
           "But I will be with you..."

                Judges 6. 15-16

(And God's Presence
              makes all the difference.
When we cry out, "I can't do this!"
    God replies, "Good.
                  Because I can."
God chooses the most unlikely
    to fulfill His purposes
    and to bring His glory there.
Even us.
Even right here in this mess
   or on the most ordinary days.)

O LORD,
Wrap Your Spirit around us
    like a shield
    and with Your strength,
that we may bring You glory
     in whatever is before us.
It is only by Your Presence
     that we can go forth.
Help us to grasp the reality of
     "Be not afraid.
       I am with you."
Help us to be faithful to You
    in Your designs for us today.
Even in the hard stuff.
Even in the victories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.