Saturday, March 18, 2023

 

Hear my cry, O God,
listen to my prayer;
from the end of the earth
           I call to You
    when my heart is faint.
Lead me to the rock
  that is higher than I,
for You have been my refuge,
a strong tower
            against the enemy.

                Psalm 61. 1-3

(It is not that God needs to listen,
   but we need to pray.
Not just at the end of our rope,
  nor when we've exhausted
              all other sources,
but a long history and chronicle
    of seeking God in the everydays,
    even in the ordinary.
God always provides a high road
    and the courage to take it,
             when we come to Him.)

O LORD,
In the face of all we fear,
     both real and imagined,
in the hard places,
even when we are worn out,
help us to take the high road,
   not insensitive to needs,
       situations or people,
but responsive to them
     for their well-being
     and for Your glory.
May we not hide in Your refuge,
   but go forth strengthened
   and resupplied with
            Your love and grace.
Once again,
   please point out the high road
that is invisible to the naked eye,
   and unexpected by others.
Because we are Yours,
  we have a new heart in this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.