Friday, July 22, 2022

 

In my distress
I called upon the LORD;
to my God I cried for help.
From His temple
       He heard my voice,
and my cry to Him
       reached His ears.

              Psalm 18. 6

(These were not just
    empty words of David,
but sung to the LORD
on the day when
    the LORD rescued him
    from the hand of
    all his enemies.
David did not just seek Him,
not just acknowledge His hand,
     but sung what he witnessed.
Feeling overwhelmed is just knowing
    we cannot do it without Him.
We need but to whisper, "Help me!"
God does not just show up.
            He is already here.
"Do not be afraid.
             Stay close to Me."
And absolutely nothing
    can remain the same.)

O LORD,
We pray,
we set our minds on You
    and not the circumstances,
we seek Your face
    and not just a particular answer,
we turn towards You
    to walk with You in this.
May our responses reflect You,
   Whom we worship and serve
              and love.
Our lives cannot remain the same
          or even look the same.
But faithful.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.