Saturday, January 16, 2021

 

Come to Me,
all who labor and
are heavy laden,
and I will
       give you rest.
Take My yoke
upon you,
and learn from Me,
for I am gentle and
lowly in heart,
and you will find
   rest for your souls.
For My yoke is easy,
and My burden
           is light.

   Matthew 11. 28-30

(Jesus says,
    "Come to Me,"
leave your baggage
and accomplishments
and lack of control,
and failures,
and heavy hearts.
"Let Me embrace you,
let Me help you,
     walk with Me."
God never intended
for us to go it alone.
God never promised
life would be easy
   in this broken world,
but "Fear not. 
I am with you.
Come to Me."
Even with this.
What is Your way
in this, O LORD?
     With Me.)

O LORD,
We tend to blame
circumstances
         or others,
for our troubles,
when all along it is
our hearts
that are burdened
and out of alignment.
Help us to know
we are not alone,
but You love us
more than we can
       imagine.
We are embraced
          by You.
Align our hearts
            with Yours.
Circumstances
    need not change,
but our hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.