Sunday, January 1, 2017

In the beginning
God created the heavens
                and the earth.
The earth was without form 
and void,
and darkness was upon
             the face of the deep;
and the Spirit of God
was moving over
the face of the waters.

                       Genesis 1. 1-2

(It is the new year,
standing unknown before me,
so much I cannot see,
I cannot know,
I cannot comprehend.
But God is already moving
    over the face of this deep.
God is already at work.
O LORD, 
help me to be faithful to You,
whether by streams of water
        or living like that,
bearing Your fruit
no matter where You place me.
Wilderness 
   is not a barren place in Your eyes,
only that yet to be explored
and cultivated.)

Happy new year, my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.